|Original Photograph from Archives|
1) I am about to buy some blucher mocassins. I am checking out Beans but was also curious what people thought about Quoddy? Is there anything else I am missing?
2) I have two questions. I am in need of both loafers and some dress shoes to wear with a suit. Are Bass Weejuns still the default penny loafer or are there better ones out there that are worth the extra money? Who makes the best lace-ups for dress? And does it matter what color I should buy to wear with a Navy or Charcoal suit?
3) One of these days, maybe you could do a post on men's shoes. I have the usual suspects, Bean's bluchers and camp mocs, loafers, Sperry boat shoes, many Cole Haan shoes for work, Bean boots, etc., but one shoe I would highly recommend to your readers is the Merrell Encore Gust clog (dark brown). These are incredibly comfortable, long-wearing, good in any season, and surprisingly flexible for work and play. A very simple design, and very low key.
Men's Dress Shoes
- Lace-ups and Loafers (Penny, Horsebit, Belgians, Tassels, etc.).
- Alden (www.aldenshoe.com/)
- Allen Edmonds, Verona Bit Loafers (www.allenedmonds.com/)
- Bass Weejuns (http://ghbass.com/shop/mens/footwear/loafers-weejuns/?storeId=10151&catalogId=10501&langId=-1)
- Belgians (www.belgianshoes.com/)
- Brooks Brothers, Tassels in Black and Brown (www.brooksbrothers.com/mens/shoes)
- Cole Haan (www.colehaan.com/)
- Church's, Keats Tassel in Burgundy (www.church-footwear.com/en/UK)
- Crockett & Jones, Boston Penny Loafers (www.crockettandjones.com/)
- Gucci Horsebit Loafers (www.gucci.com/us/category/u/horsebit_loafer/men)
- Rancourt Penny Loafers (www.rancourtandcompany.com/men-s/penny-loafers.html)
Men's Casual Shoes
- Bluchers and Camp Mocs
- Alden shoes, Mocc Oxford, Cape Cod selection (www.aldenshoe.com/capecod)
- Bean's (www.llbean.com/)
- Eastland Bluchers (www.eastlandshoe.com/home.do)
- Boat Shoes (See also TDP on Sperry Top-Siders and other Boat Shoes and Shoes on Boats <http://www.saltwaternewengland.com/2014/06/boat-shoes-and-shoes-on-boats.html>
- Quoddy <http://www.quoddy.com/collections/mens/products/classic-boat-shoe-1>
- Dubarry <http://us-shop.dubarry.us/collections/men/footwear/boat-shoes>
- Sperry <http://www.sperrytopsider.com/en/mens-shoes-boat-shoes/> <http://www.sperrytopsider.com/en/womens-shoes-boat-shoes/>
- Orvis <http://www.orvis.com/store/product_search_tnail.aspx?keyword=boat+shoes>
- L.L. Bean <http://www.llbean.com/llb/search/?freeText=boat+shoes>