|Original Photograph from Archives|
Wednesday, September 28, 2016
Tuesday, September 27, 2016
Monday, September 26, 2016
Something there is that doesn't love a wall,
That sends the frozen-ground-swell under it,
And spills the upper boulders in the sun,
And makes gaps even two can pass abreast.
- Robert Frost. “Mending Wall.”
Sunday, September 25, 2016
|Shown in Sand Suede Upper Leather with Brown #19 Print Collar|
The Campadrille combines a smart design with Quoddy's moccasin construction, including an exceptionally soft lining and Poron cushioning, resulting in a surprisingly comfortable shoe suitable for a wide range of venues. These are made to order and you can design your own from their extensive collection of upper leathers and collars.
- Quoddy Campadrille Link: <http://www.quoddy.com/products/womens-campadrille>
- For a 15% discount, use the code SWNEQUODDYCAMP (expires October 7, 2016)
- Flow Blue: History and Value of Blue-and-White Antique China <https://hobbylark.com/collecting/FlowBlueHowtoIDandValuetheCollectibleBlueandWhiteAntiqueChina>
- Flow Blue China <http://www.collectorsweekly.com/china-and-dinnerware/flow-blue>
Saturday, September 24, 2016
- The Dubarry Galway Boot for Women <http://www.dubarry.us/womens-footwear/country-boots>
- The Dubarry Galway Boot for Men <http://www.dubarry.us/mens-footwear/country-boots>
- Dubarry Alpaca Wool Socks <http://www.dubarry.us/alpaca-socks>
Galway Boots and Alpaca Socks sent by Dubarry of Ireland
A Few Similar Entries by Topic: Gift List
Friday, September 23, 2016
Thursday, September 22, 2016
Wednesday, September 21, 2016
Tuesday, September 20, 2016
Wrote Bill Bryson <http://amzn.to/2cAVAuw> in Notes from a Small Island <http://amzn.to/2d2vbuj>:
One of the charms of the British is that they have so little idea of their own virtues, and nowhere is this more true than with their happiness. You will laugh to hear me say it, but they are the happiest people on earth. Honestly. Watch any two Britons in conversation and see how long it is before they smile or laugh over some joke or pleasantry...
Monday, September 19, 2016
“The seasons have their fragrance. In summer there is a small of greenness, of heat, and grass and surface dust; in autumn the fragrance is one of cold dews and ripeness, of fallen leaves and the tang and ferment of leaves, of a world smouldering and withering away in the year's invisible fires.”
- Henry Beston, Northern Farm
Sunday, September 18, 2016
|Made in the U.S.A.|
- The Portland Shirt by Sailor Rose <http://www.sailorrose.com/womens-tops/portland-shirt-in-liberty-of-london-white-flower>
|With Buttons Down the Front and a Chest Pocket|
Saturday, September 17, 2016
Friday, September 16, 2016
Thursday, September 15, 2016
To foreigners, a Yankee is an American.
To Americans, a Yankee is a Northerner.
To Northerners, a Yankee is an Easterner.
To Easterners, a Yankee is a New Englander.
To New Englanders, a Yankee is a Vermonter.
And in Vermont, a Yankee is somebody who eats pie for breakfast.
- Attributed to E.B. White
A Few Similar Entries by Topic: Food and Recipes
Wednesday, September 14, 2016
|Ivy League Humor - Useful for Taking the Sting Out of Epic Losing Streaks|
These match up with Dartmouth, Harvard, Cornell, Yale, and other institutions, including non-Ivy. The color provides guidance. Some can be fairly obscure.
Two classic buttons, not shown here:
- VE RI TASTY
- CORN HELL
(One naughty word was pixelated out on one of the above shown, as it may/should offend some/all. The target was, however, Princeton. And the button was recalled and destroyed by the administration (appropriately) before distribution. This is one of the very few surviving examples.)
Monday, September 12, 2016
Sunday, September 11, 2016
|Naturally water repellent, these sweaters were originally designed for Irish fishermen.|
- Men's Hand-Knit Donncha Crew Sweater <https://www.blarney.com/irish-shop/mens-hand-knit-crew-sweater/>
- Women's Hand Knit Aran Crew Sweater <https://www.blarney.com/irish-shop/hand-knit-aran-crew-sweater/>
|This Aran jumper/ sweater is made from locally sourced, 100% pure new wool.|
Saturday, September 10, 2016
Whenever possible, it seems better to see a place by water than land or air. The pacing is more leisurely, but one fills each hour with so many more observations. One such example is Mystic Seaport, which reveals itself to be constructed in a spot where no real seaport would have made even remote sense.
And while the views of any more modern structures can all look the same - floor to ceiling windows - the older houses, churches, and businesses present their architecture and mature yards openly and with little obfuscation.